Monday, February 1, 2010

in transition - weekend style

Anticipatory Set: Right now, it really seems like everything is in transition... the weather (though, I do think it will stick with being cold for a little while longer), work life, personal life... just lots of things sort-of changing but not really.  Wanting to change but it just hasn't happened yet... yea...  So I guess my weekend style is maybe reflecting some of that.  Saturday, I slept in with G. and spent most of the day in a hoodie, without makeup, sipping coffee and wearing one of those hats that I'm pretty sure most people find annoying but that does a major job of hiding my crazy weekend bed head.

annoying? maybe. but comfy and functional? a definite yes.

I did eventually get dressed and go out to eat with my parents (and G., of course) while P. worked but that outfit is neither in memory nor documented to show you.  Instead, I'll show you Sunday's really-mega-super quick because it's almost my bedtime and I am in desperate need my beauty sleep tonight. Paul didn't get home until later so it was difficult to get a good shot of the outfit.  Super simple, really comfy... it probably doesn't match but I just really wanted to wear the vest.  It was a shopping-my-closet piece for sure as I don't recall ever wearing it out of the house before.  The top is a little thin and the vest added a good layer of warmth when I took my sweater off later... weird but it worked!  And you can't see them well but I'm wearing my trusty 'Intyce' boots (They still look the same, don't worry...).  I wore them today, too.  Definitely my favorite footwear right now.

Some quick pics:
like the light here. my very favorite time of day. so peaceful.
and I actually wore the vest open pretty much all day and randomly only chose to button one button for the photo??... hmm, something is a'miss...

vest open:


Objective(s) Addressed: Errands; Lunch/coffee/shopping/book browsing date with my friend Summer 

Materials and Sources:
  • Top: gift, (from Target, I think)
  • Vest: Old Navy (shopping my closet)
  • Boots: Steven by Steve Madden 'Intyce' boot, remix'd a lot a lot
  • Sweetheart Skinnies: Old Navy, remix'd a lot
  • Earrings (not shown): Betsey Johnson studs, remix'd a lot
  • Headband: Target, remix'd
Input: I could go on and on about how mind-blowingly awesome it was to have adult interaction that was hysterically fun.  We laughed a lot.  One of the many things we laughed at: Nightlight, a Twilight parody.  If you love Twilight but are able maintain a sense of humor about it, you would really like to flip through this one.  OMGhilarious.

Also, this may be random and silly but the top is a teeny bit sentimental to me as my mom actually bought it and gave it to me while we were in the hospital after G. was born.  She wanted me to have something to wear that wasn't form-fitting (due to post-prego belly... yowza) but that would make me feel good.  I remember thinking that was one of the most thoughtful things at that time when everything is all about baby and feeding and sweatpants.

I finally wore my troublesome drawstring cowlneck bubble dress today for work and a family dinner date - look for it tomorrow.  It's a lot easier to dream up ways to remix things when you actually have them on your body, eh?

Hope you all are having a great start to the week!

8 comments:

Summer Frey said...

Edwart! Edwart! lmao!
I had such a great time with you and G! I haven't giggled like that in quite some time...I wonder if James ever saw/heard us? hehe...

PS: I know I complimented your boots, I meant to tell you that I liked the vest! I think vests on girls are so cute, and it's something that I'd eventually be interested in trying out myself.

kjlangford said...

LOVE this- so sweet of your mom, and I so need a vest. like now. need.

liz said...

It's the winter blues, I've felt that way! Drink up the coffee, go for a relaxing walk, watch your favorite movie while eating some ben and jerrys :) It will be spring soon enough and all will be well!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

That sounds like my idea of a perfect weekend!

I love your vest. I am a vest fanatic and have way too many in my closet. In fact, my new poast features a vest!

And, because I have been enjoying your blog, I just gave you an award. Check it out. I hope you like it!

Viktoria said...

That headband is adorable! And that pink is perfect on you :)

Laura said...

I love vests! Cute combo!

Anonymous said...

i love the colors together. that headband looks really cute with this look.

i must check out edwart since i love twilight and the parodies. did you see the twilight before christmas?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUba0WtH-SY or the bunnies doing twilight in 30 seconds? http://www.angryalien.com/aa/twilightbuns.asp

Lacey said...

Such a cute outfit! I have that shirt in green and it is one of my favorite items of clothing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails