Wednesday, February 3, 2010

printed

Anticipatory Set: Later this week, I'll do a recap of my wedding style but in the meantime, you can get a quick glimpse of our wedding over at Unveiled today.  Krista featured our wedding for Wedding Wednesday!  Take a look!

For now... yesterday's ensemble.  This is going to be freakish, y'all.  My entire outfit, save accessories, came from Target at some point in the past few years.  Wowza.

Objective(s) Addressed: Work; Parent meetings; Personal meeting after work

  
accessories... gifted bracelet and cinch-y clasp belt
 
 
Love the extra hints pink and purple in the stripes at the bottom.  It's in the details, folks.
  

Materials and Sources:
  • Printed elbow sleeve dress: Target (Mossimo)
  • Leggings (just warmer than tights, can't help it): Target, remix'd all the time, even in my sleep
  • Boots: Target, remix'd here and here
  • Black ruffle cardigan: Target (Merona)
  • Belt: Nordstrom (BP department)
  • Headband: F21
  • Scarf: gift from P.'s aunt (probably the warmest that I own... ohmygosh so soft)
  • Bracelet: gift from Mom
Input: This was intended to be a pretty multi-tasking outfit for me and I really felt great in it though the photos don't show it much.  Ladies at work were all over the dress.  I think it was all about the print - the pattern really is striking and fun in person.  For the functional part of things, I needed something that was put together and professional for the two parent meetings I had yesterday morning but that wouldn't really wrinkle too much or leave me feeling icky since I had another 'first impression' kind of meeting after work.  But with the cold/damp temps it needed to be warm which meant leggings, boots and a cardigan outdoors.  I know I shouldn't wear leggings so much with dresses but they are just so darn warm.  And I honestly can't tell the difference in opaqueness between the tights and leggings I own.  (No matter what, though, I promise not to wear them as pants.)

The scarf was a Christmas gift from P.'s aunt and it is quite honestly the softest and warmest scarf that I own.  It has a very subtle zebra print around the border which is fun without stretching my style.  Might be workin' this one overtime.  And the dress. 

Final Notes:
P. was extra "snappy" yesterday.  Snapsnapsnapsnap, done.  Lots of these 'fixin' pics in the mix:

Also, for the awards I received from Fashion Therapist, Caffeinerd and Style Artisan... I would just be nominating my entire blogroll.  So, in the meantime, I'm going to have to come up with an alternate nomination system or you all can pass it along - spread the love!  Thanks for all of your lovely comments every day - I promise I am getting around to responding - you guys are so sunny and supportive, I love that!

12 comments:

Sidewalk Chic said...

I love this dress on you -- I saw it at Target and thought it was lovely.

Congrats on the awards!

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Anonymous said...

LOVE the dress and the belt! Am checkin' out the wedding post now and am reminded of how gorgeous lace wedding dresses are---never thought I'd have that preference but SO beautiful! Can't wait to see more :)

Unknown said...

I love the details of your outfit. :)

Anonymous said...

nothing freakish about this. very cute look!

Shannon said...

Love the dress, obviously. And I especially love the disclaimer that you will never wear leggings as pants. Eff that. Please, ladies, always cover your bums.

That's all.

(I lied.) Are you and Paul going to be able to drop by my Super Bowl party in atl on Sunday?

liz said...

I like those stripes too! I often am embarrassed because my whole outfit will be Gap! lol,hey basics are good no?

Jenny said...

I adore this look. The details are just fantastic!

Viktoria said...

Love that dress!

Anonymous said...

cute!! I like seeing all your accessories! Does Paul take all these pictures? because that is really funny to me!! Theron would NEVER help me! He hates that I even have a blog

Raquelita said...

I love the print on the dress, and that scarf just looks so cozy!

Desired Youth said...

Lovely dress! Congrats. I am just about to click to see your wedding photos!

Lacey said...

I love the belt! It almost looks like owl eyes, and owls are my favorite right now. Great outfit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails