Tuesday, February 23, 2010

unlikely combination

Quickie.  Today's outfit was inspired (almost copied!) by i'd wear it's OOTD yesterday.  For some reason I just wouldn't have thought to pair my dark blue sweater with the brown pants I love (still ticked that they just don't photograph well... but I love them unconditionally.  I just loved the whole color combination so I did my best to rip it off. 




My mama took me shopping the other day and we picked this up at Ann Taylor LOFT.  I love it especially because the length is easy to change... it can be short or long which rules because I hate when a necklace just doesn't hit right with the shirt/dress/cardigan you're wearing.  (You can see the ends that you pull... I forgot that I'd pulled them to the front so Gray would stop trying to yank them from behind when he was playing with my hair.  Whoops!)  Plus, it gives the outfit a little bit of an Auburn vibe in the color scheme... War Eagle!  Which makes me think... why did I find this to be such an unlikely combination?  I spent my undergraduate career donning the orange and blue at least once a week with various combinations of brown, grey, blue, green... you name it.

Please excuse my hotmess-ness... there is just no hope after ridiculous, hellacious days at work.  But nothing a good workout can't fix.  Caffeinerd has been my saving grace for treadmill workouts.  Last week, Elena posted some interval workouts that I've been trying.  Kickin' my ass!  Good thing I'm starting to train for the Peachtree now because I am slow, y'all.  10-11 minute miles is all I got by 7pm on a week night.  But I'll give myself credit since they've been on at least a 3% incline. 

Anyone else in the Atlanta area doing the Peachtree in July?  How are you training?

12 comments:

Tabitha said...

I really need to check out Anne Taylor Loft! I see such other great stuff on bloggers sites from that store.

Unknown said...

Love it! :) I think your version is much softer, which I like. The gathering on the top and the necklace are beautiful together.

Sidewalk Chic said...

Oh my goodness -- good luck with training for the Peachtree this summer. I admire your workout dedication!

I love this color palette -- cute necklace!

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Anonymous said...

I think you can DEFINITELY give yourself credit when there's a 3% incline involved! I may or may not give myself props even when it's a .5% one ;) Glad the workouts were helpful!

Love these colors together. As an orange/navy student myself I can certainly appreciate the combo!

alltumbledown said...

Love love the orange with that sweater! So rich and highlights the beautiful ruching at the neckline. And 10-11 miles is nothing to sneeze at in my (admittedly sedentary) book!

cadencesmama said...

cute necklace!!

Anonymous said...

i love those colors together. such a pretty necklace.

Theressa Lauw said...

That is one of my favourite colour combinations. The scarf and necklace is the perfect shade of orange to wear with navy.

I've taken inspiration from e. as well. She (as well as you) have such great wearable style.

Lacey said...

LOVE the scarf/necklace combo! Your outfit is warm and inviting...things I really like this time of year when the weather could turn from cold to hot at any moment! Lovely!

K said...

A 3% incline is not easy - good for you! That necklace is pretty - they have some beautiful jewelry out right now.

Anonymous said...

A good workout DOES fix everything.

I really adore the colors here BTW. The brown and blue are so rich together.

Debye said...

Wowwwee....I love that necklace and The blue, brown orange color combo looks beautiful on you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails