Sunday, February 21, 2010

building blacks, part 3: inspired

Now that I am on the third post of this series (part 1 here, part 2 here explanation kind of all over the place... reasoning to come), I must say that building a black wardrobe (moreso, learning how to accessorize an all-black outfit) is easier than I originally thought.  Easy like learning how to snowboard or how to land a perfect triple lutz.

Actually, once I found some good source of inspiration the outfits came pretty easily.  The first set that I created using a direct source of inspiration - casual dinner, beachside in the Springtime (or indirect since I'm not actually there which is just plain unfortunate):




I chose black skinnies for comfort (I'm assuming I'd spent a long, strenuous day under an umbrella by the pool... sipping daquiries and reading a trashy romance novel.  Comfort necessary.  Need some black skinnies first.), a light dolman-sleeve cardigan (have one), and a sequin tank to break up all the black (don't have one).  From there, I went beachy with the accessories - light scarf with varying hues to mimic the tide, low light blue heels by Seychelles (LOVE their shoes - on the hunt for a new pair of flats a.s.a.p.) and then some metallic shell earrings to top it off.  Originally, I wanted to go dark teal with the earrings to create a gradient all the way down to the shoes.  But with so much space in between the scarf and the shoes... didn't make sense.

My second source of inspiration came from a scarf I found while browsing polyvore for... hmm, inspiration.  Fell in love with the color palette and went from there... and that was it!



Can you tell I've got Spring on my mind?

Where do you find inspiration for your outfits?

5 comments:

cadencesmama said...

love the way you put these outfits together. I would wear both of them in a heartbeat!

http://cadencesmama.blogspot.com

Sidewalk Chic said...

I really love what you're doing with this series, as someone who doesn't wear black that much. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

great outfit, I love the mint green shoes!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love basic blacks!
and i've been dying for some skinny black pants.
the j crew minnie pants are too amazing (but also too expensive!!)

Elaine said...

First, I love your header fonts! They're so cute and whimsical!

And I totally love this! I would wear this in a heart beat!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails