Friday, February 26, 2010

smells like school spirit

I know I've been a slow blogger lately.  Though I don't feel so alone because lots of my favorite bloggers have been pretty busy, too.  Just that time of year.  Think we're all just sitting on our hands until Spring comes.  Which just means that we could have some pretty numb hands a few weeks from now. 

One reason I've been so slow is that I finally picked up a book.  Haven't read a novel for fun in months.  I'm about halfway through Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes and I'm already starting to feel a smidgen like myself again.  (It is so easy to lose yourself, isn't it?  Work has ruined me, Paul and I both agree on that.)  It's a pretty intense story but so far, so good.

Fridays are spirit days at work which means we are supposed to wear a school spirit shirt.  And wiggle our best spirit fingers during class changes and give all the cool kids swirlies on the way to lunch.  Most Fridays, though, I stick with school colors (black and gold) because dang school shirts are expensive.  I am at home today so here is last Friday's school spirit look:







I've worn the cardigan and headband together like this before, I just love them both a lot.  And I will probably wear them again today when I get in the car to road trip it to Charlotte to see Katie!  The shirt and scarf here are both sparkly.  Silver shirt, gold scarf.  I'm not one to mix the two tones but since the headband has both, I ran with it.  Do you guys mix silver and gold?
  • Black cardigan: Willi Smith via TJ Maxx (worn here
  • Shirt: LOFT
  • Jeans: Mossimo via Target
  • Shoes: Enzo Angiolini
  • Headband: LOFT (worn here)
Also, the shoes are on their last leg.  They're a little tight but I've always dealt with them but now they are falling apart at the seams and wearing crazy thin on the soles.  The second pair of flats to fall apart on me in the last few weeks.  One of my favorite pairs by Seychelles met the dumpster last week after both were leaking water through the sole when it rained.   So now I'm on the hunt for a new pair.  Fell in love with the pewter "boyshort" flat by Seychelles but they are sold out.  The plum and black are both fun so they're still in the running.  I have a few more options laid out but I've been taking my time trying to make sure they're cute and fun but also comfortable enough to stand on all day.  Any suggestions?  What's your favorite brand for comfortable, last-forever flat?

6 comments:

kjlangford said...

Rocketdog! I wore one pair to the ground, but now I have 3 pairs in rotation so I think they'll last longer... I think..

Toria said...

I have some pretty adorable ones by Keds... yes, Keds. I feel like a child saying that but they've stepped things up in the last few years.

liz said...

Wasn't it a busy week?! I love your take on school spirit day, very classy. I just blogged about my new comfy flats: http://lizzypunch.blogspot.com/2010/02/winter-florals.html
I've only wore them today but I know that they'll last and won't leave my feet hurting!

Lacey said...

I love silver and gold together. I don't know if that's because I really like breaking old fashion "rules" (mixing black and brown, wearing white after labor day, etc.) or because the colors truly compliment each other.

GREAT Friday outfit. That's usually the look I go for at school on Fridays too. I like to wear t-shirts, but I feel like I look too much like my kids when I do that. So, an effortless-looking jeans/scarf/seater combo in the appropriate colors is perfect for casual day.

Anonymous said...

love the look. i need to wear scarves more. i don't have a particular brand i follow for flats but they are a must for running after preschoolers where i work. i usually try them on and really think if certain spots on my feet are rubbed the wrong way. i can usually forget any flats at target. the are usually so uncomfortable. i rarely find any that work for me to wear all day. i have some good a.n.a brand ones from jcp. they have to be on the bendy side for me. i also have freaky narrow feet which also sucks.

Unknown said...

代書貸款
貸款條件
租屋

Related Posts with Thumbnails