Sunday, February 28, 2010

"the september issue"

First, let me get this out of the way... I do not, by any stretch of the imagination, consider myself to be super fashionable and in the know when it comes to anything related to "high fashion."  I can't even pronounce the names of the five designers I do know of.  Regardless... it's a pretty interesting industry when you get beneath the surface, I guess.

I spent the weekend in Charlotte with my b.f.f. Katie and when she was telling me about "The September Issue" I was pretty excited to see it.  Didn't really know much about the movie or about Anna Wintour except that she never has a hair out of place.  But I knew it'd be interesting, at least.  So here's my quick, dirty and non-comprehensive review...

It was just okay.  I would maybe give it one thumbs up but definitely not two.  Hate to say it but it was a bit on the boring side and didn't really reveal much about Anna Wintour herself or her process... it felt more like a series of clips they put together after they followed her around for a few days.  (Please don't stone me!  I have a family!)  Yes, it is a documentary but documentaries don't have to be boring, right? I guess I thought it would be more engaging and, in some way, surprising.  (I also spent a major portion of the movie gagging at the sight of Grace Coddington's hair.)

Personally, I am a Lucky kind of girl but I bet this would be a great watch if you're Vogue gal. 

Was anyone else a little disappointed?  If you loved it, I'm interested... do you keep up with high fashion or were you just interested in a behind the scenes look at Anna Wintour?

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

I haven't seen but I'm still interested in watching it. THanks for your input - I think it's gone down on my Netflix list. :)

cadencesmama said...

I agree. Lucky over Vogue any day. Even Teen vogue I enjoy better then Vogue!

Elaine said...

I tried to watch it but i couldn't get passed how boring it was too!!! I thought it'd be more interesting, but nope!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails