Tuesday, February 2, 2010

shopping my closet: episode 1 update

Anticipatory Set: Finally, I wore the drawstring bubble dress that was giving me trouble in my first "episode" of shopping my closet.  The fit is great except for these picures I tightened up the drawstring which was a mistake because it shortened the length and changed the silhouette a little.  Luckily, you all are smart chickens and will figure it out, I'm sure.

Objective(s) Addressed: Work; Dinner date; Shopping my closet; "How would you wear it?"

 

Materials and Sources:
  • Drawstring bubble dress: F21 (first discussed here)
  • Brown tights: F21
  • Boots: Steven by Steve Madden 'Intyce' boot, remix'd lots of times
  • Green slouchy sweater cardigan: Susina via Nordstrom (long time ago)
  • Rosette headband: Target, recently remix'd
Input: Since I'm a ditz, I forgot to cross and tie the sweater cardigan for any pics (how I wore it through the day).  Also, because I'm a high maintenance bia, I made P. take a ghetto cell phone pic at dinner with my accessories back on for you guys to get the full bootleg effect.  Dedicated, I am. 


I also forgot to grab a pic of the full-on bum "chic" aesthetic that I managed to achieve once I put my long, cord coat on over all of this... haha. One of my students commented, "Mrs. Carebear (they call me that sometimes)... why are you wearing so many... layers?!"  Because I'm freezing my bootay off, that's why.  The Georgia Peach in me was just not made for these harsh winter temps. 

Final Notes: Occasionally this blog comes up in conversation with some of my friends and I get the question, "Who takes/how do you take the pictures?"  Well, friends... I am lucky enough that P. takes them (for now... because I might be scaring him off).  I usually feel pretty cruddy and disheveled by the end of the work day (if you notice this trend, just keep being quiet about it and smile and nod) so if I had to take them myself I probably wouldn't take them at all a lot of days.  Also, with someone else doing it it's really a super short two-minute process.  Even still, P. gets impatient sometimes and just keeps taking pictures for about thirty seconds and then we go back inside.  So every now and then I get some "behind the scenes" snaps (and sometimes I think they actually show the actual outfit better)... here was yesterday's pretty tame "behind the scenes."


Do you guys have any mishaps or behind the scenes shots that usually get left out on your posts?

(Tomorrow (or at least next time), I promise, I will catch up on awards.  Delays, smelays.)

10 comments:

kjlangford said...

our dog likes to make appearances, which would be cute, except for the fact that his eyes do the weird glare thing when we use the flash (which is always when it's cold and we're taking photos inside).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this dress!! Especially with the boots :)

Since I live alone, I take full advantage of the boyfriend anytime I'm with him. Otherwise it's classmates/friends taking the photos, which I'm not as comfortable with (usually have them take one shot and pray i like it). Adam usually sends me a few he's edited, so I pick from those or post 'em all. Since he does (paid) photography on the side, sometimes he gets more into than I feel like...very much depends on our moods! He always takes at least one "detail" shot without any prompting from me, though, which is appreciated!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

holy cow that dress is rad!!
christopher takes my photos and there are so often really funny outtakes--i would love to see other people's!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Absolutely! My hubby is always carrying what I call the Bubba keg. It is an enormous Big Bird Yellow tub of coffee from RaceTrac. He tries to take pictures while holding it, but it makes the camera all wobbly so I fuss at him until he puts it down.

Then, somehow, it always crawls into a picture. I swear the damn thing has legs!

Sidewalk Chic said...

Love the bubble dress --- so glad it finally made an appearance! You are quite the dedicated blogger -- love your accessories :)

I do have some bad outtakes but one mishap that happened today was that the ducks from the lake decided to waddle close to us during the photoshoot. I had a huge weird smile on my face in some of the shots because I was watching them come near us! :)

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Unknown said...

I love it! At first when I read the words "drawstring bubble dress" I was thinking "yikes!" but no, it is *so* cute! the sweater is a beautiful color and goes perfectly with it. I also love the color of those boots outside.

My favorite "behind the scenes" shots are when kids or pets sneak into shots. :)

xo, Alexi said...

not only do i leave out shots from my posts- they just get deleted from my camera because some of them are so bad!! and i am completely in the same boat as you for the weather. i just pile stuff on before going out, i don't even care if i look like a mess. i love your outfit, though. it's very earthy, with those colors.

liz said...

Cute! I like the color of that dress!
I'm lucky Chris takes most of my pics, but I only get like 30 seconds and he's snapping away. Needless to say, I get tons of hilarious embarrassing mishaps! I need a tri-pod so that I can get more creative and not have to bug him so much!

Anonymous said...

cute dress and accessories! i use my timer. i hate the cold winter wind when i am taking snaps. looking forward to warm weather again.

Tabitha said...

I love this dress...it's so adorable and can be paired in so many ways.

There are SOOOO many of my pictures that are on the cutting room floor. About 4 out of 20 pictures make the cut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails