Saturday, January 16, 2010

firsts




Anticipatory Set: Today was G.'s very first birthday party!  What a fun time!  We have some of the very best family and friends that support us and our little nugget.  I'll blog about it over here by the end of the weekend once I pick my favorite pictures out of the 100+ I took of the cake 'experience.'  Great times.  In the meantime... what I wore.  (Photo quality is not great... we took these after the loooong party and drive home and sans any form of natural light but you get the point.)

Objective(s) Addressed: G.'s birthday party!  Mom duty.  Celebrating 5 pound loss!









Materials and Sources:
  • Blouse: Yumi Kim (via Nordstrom... clearance! with gift cards!)
  • Sweetheart Skinny Jeans: Old Navy
  • Cami: Old Navy
  • Purple rosebud Flats: Ruby & Bloom (gift from Mom)
  • Sweater: Ann Taylor (gift from Mom)
  • Earrings: Betsey Johnson (from last post)
  • Bracelets: made by me
Input: Today was the first time I've chosen to wear skinny jeans without boots to tuck them into.  Just plain ole skinnies with flats.  (This is largely due to my 'weigh-in' this morning that marked my first five pound loss!  Five pounds is not a lot in terms of how I look or how my clothes fit but the process of shedding those five pounds has been a big difference in how I feel - more energy!  Plus, these first two weeks of changing the way I look at my health and food choices has been difficult but to actually lose weight on top of it was a huge bonus!  Gives me the motivation I need to lose the next five and feel even better physically and mentally.)  So I wore simple skinnies to celebrate.  I need to get a good picture of the wash of these jeans -- I bought them way back in August or September and haven't been able to find a similar wash ever since.

Should've gotten a close-up shot of the blouse print.  Next time.  The print has bits of purple and a creamy/beigy/pinkish-yellow.  I would love to say that I chose the flats based on how they accent the purple hue or how the rosebuds compliment the floral quality of the print buuuuuut... Nope.  They are just comfortable.  Really comfortable.  Which is important when reporting for Mom Duty.  I wish I'd buttoned the sweater and had natural sunlight for the picture with the sweater... I love this sweater but rarely wear it.  Definitely one of my remix missions.  The color is a dusty pastel pink and it's light without sacrificing warmth or style. 

Final Notes: Overall, this was a great outfit for the occasion and the 'job description.'  I was relaxed and comfy cozy without feeling frumpy or too slouchy.  Since we were indoors with lots of people in the same couple of rooms I was a little worried about the silk of the blouse but I was comfortable the entire time.  I think the silk actually worked for me rather than against me.  I just let P. handle the post-smash-cake cleanup.  ;)  I see this blouse getting a lot of rotation in the remix pool - so many ways to style it up!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your earrings and shoes! Great outfit :) Happy 1st birthday to G.!

Tabitha said...

Congrats on the weight loss - that is such a huge accomplishment and I'm happy that you rewarded yourself by trying skinnies with flats.

I was apprehensive about trying that look at first, but now I hardly wear flats with any other cut.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm absolutely loving yours and can't wait to read more of your posts.

kjlangford said...

Happy birthday G! And happy blouse and purple shoes! I want some purple shoes, but have yet to make that happen.

Holli said...

Congrats on the weight loss and I love the outfit!!

Elaine said...

That is SO fun!!! You guys look awesome! Especially you!!! Congratulations on the 5 pound loss!! You know, being skinny as you are, it's HARD getting rid of that little extra weight.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yay for skinny jeans. I rarely get the nerve up to wear mine, but yours look great.

And I love the print of that top!

closet365.wordpress.com

Sharina said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! Love your top!

Anonymous said...

hi! new to your blog. love your cute style and look at the cheeks on your little nugget! is he precious or what?!

Unknown said...

代書貸款
貸款條件
租屋

Related Posts with Thumbnails