Friday, January 15, 2010

blase

Anticipatory Set: Gonna be upfront with you about this outfit post... it's a little blase.  I've been pretty nonchalant about my work wardrobe this week, opting for warmth and comfort over style and professionalism.  I worked extra hard with my students and on caseload duties so that counts for something, right?  (Please, just nod and say yes.)  From going through posts in my Reader tonight, it seems a lot of people are going through the winter blues with work and assembling new outfits.  But!  It's a chronicle of my daily style and, like I've said before, sometimes "blah" just is the daily style.  You just do the best you can some days.  My main goal this week was to put in the effort to dry my hair and brush on mascara each morning so I would at least feel like a real person.  If I have a bare necessity for my wardrobe it actually has nothing to do with my closet... if we're talking Look Good, Feel Good mantra I at least need a little makeup and a blow dryer.  I could really even skip the blow dryer.  But without mascara and a little something for my cheeks and lips, I feel naked.  What's your bare necessity?
Monday I managed a skirt until I got home and then raced upstairs to throw on my comfy jeans and a super slouchy cardigan, so no dice on the photos.  The rest of the week was basically just a different version of the same thing... pants, cardigan, etc. and then at least one accessory that I really love to keep it fun on my end.  

Objective(s) Addressed: Bare necessities; Comfort; Working for the weekend


(totally awk. poses, sorry... not sure I'll ever master that)







Materials and Sources:
  • Outfit #1
    • White ruffle button-up: Old Navy
    • Cardigan: Gap
    • Navy corduroys: Gap
    • Ankle boots: Steve Madden
    • Necklace: Target
    • Earrings: World Market
    • Watch: PolarUSA


Brrrrrr!



Can't go wrong with a sweet little bow and a fun, sturdy bangle :)


Hidden details on the pants... I'd planned on styling them up with the super high waist... next time!





  • Outfit #2
    • Striped top: F21
    • Cardigan: frenchi (via Nordstrom)
    • Pants: (gift from my Mom... gotta check on the brand. Might be my fav, but you can't tell their awesome factor from these pictures.  Whoops!)
    • Shoes: Michael by Michael Kors (another Mom gift)
    • Bangle: World Market
    • Wrap/scarf: World Market, I think... could be wrong, can't remember
    • Earrings: Betsey Johnson (via Nordstrom)
    • Watch: PolarUSA

    Final Notes: Weather's getting warmer here, at least for a few days, and tomorrow is G.'s first birthday party so maybe I'll muster some inspiration for the weekend.  The sale finds I picked up at Nordstrom with the three gift cards I've been hoarding should help, eh?

    What do you guys do to cure the 'blahs?'

    5 comments:

    kjlangford said...

    WANT THOSE BOOTS! Is there a style name/number???

    athenista said...

    krista - here is one link to them but i can tell you they are DEFINITELY not as expensive as this site says... i got them for much, much cheaper than even their "sale" price. maybe around 50-60? think i got them at nordstrom a couple of years ago but they still sell them. and they have them in gray, also.

    athenista said...

    wellllll it would help if i actually posted the link, eh?

    http://www.asos.com/countryid/2/Steve-Madden/Steve-Madden-Slouch-Ankle-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=804202&MID=35719&affid=2135&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-iinWvLzAhbHsmocs37fpEw

    Sidewalk Chic said...

    Love the little details, especially your earrings and that bangle! You have the sweetest accessories :)

    Congrats on G's first birthday party-- what a wonderful occasion!

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    Lacey said...

    Amanda, dear...I am love love LOVING the blog! Your style is impeccable and inspiring! Keep up the good work!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails