Friday, January 1, 2010

we stayed in for twenty-ten

After a few lover-less, childless days, my favorite boys are back in town.  I knew I would miss them tons (I cried a little after they left at 4 a.m. on Monday morning) but I think my heart actually started to shrink without them by my side.  No worries because now that they're back it is three sizes too big!  No Grinch Syndrome here.

The hour before they got home, I fixed my hair, dusted on a little eyeshadow and put on some sparkles and chains with my jeans to go on a NYE dinner outing.  Nothing fancy, just enough to feel festive ringing in the New Year.  (Plus, I knew G. wouldn't be able to resist giving me a hug, even if it was only because my shoulders were catching the light... sneaky, I am.)


Top: F21 (from the Heritage 1981 line)
Necklace: Gap ($5.99, people!)

Until we realized G. was a liiittle too cranky for dinner out so we quickly changed our plans to tees and sweats, Chili's takeout and a Jersey Shore marathon before we watched the Peach and Ball drop on T.V.

Honestly, I didn't even think we were going to make it to midnight but we stuck it out, gave each other a midnight kiss and immediately tucked ourselves in for the night.

How did you ring in the New Year?

1 comment:

Viktoria said...

Thanks for the comment! I've kept the blog kinda hush-hush for a while because a lot of my friends are teachers and I didn't want my school-rants to offend them. While I love teachers and the idea of teaching, it's not for me. Librarian degree, here I come! :)

And I love that shirt! Perfect for a night out. And I will say that on NYE I purposely wore a necklace so my friend's adorable 8mon old would want to play with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails