Monday, January 25, 2010

daytime wedding

Anticipatory Set: This weekend was pretty fantastical.  And by that I mean I slept no less than twelve hours on Friday annnnd Saturday night.  After two weeks of less than ideal sleep that's a step up, I say!  Paul started his new job as a paramedic last week and had his first actual work shift on Sunday so the only real plans we had were to go to my cousin's wedding on Saturday.  The weather was a little chilly and I wanted to wear my black knit dress with half sleeves so I could just use a cardigan to layer (I hate bringing bulky layers in and out of the car if I don't have to).  Since it was a daytime wedding I kept it casual with my Steven 'Intyce' boots, a scarf and a cardigan (not shown).  I also knew I'd be chasing G. around with all of the other toddlers there so I needed to be comfortable.  Pretty simple.



EDIT :: detail pictures ::





Objective(s) Addressed: Casual, daytime wedding; Time with family; Toddler-chasing

Materials and Sources:
  • Dress: Velvet Torch (via Nordstrom)
  • Tights: Target
  • Boots: Steven by Steve Madden 'Intyce' boot in cognac
  • Scarf: Target
  • Bag: Cole Haan (gift from Mom)
  • Gray ruffle cardigan (now shown)
Input: Usually, I dress up a bit more for weddings but I knew this was a little more casual so I just kept it comfortable and toddler-friendly.  The gray ruffle cardigan pulled it together a little bit more for the ceremony but I took it off pretty quickly for the whole hugging-congratulations-"over-here-no-wait-please-don't-break-the-ceramics" thing.  This scarf is one of my favorites - just a teeny bit of sparkle, it goes with lots and lots of my wardrobe and it's warm!  AND I love black and brown together, especially a good cognac brown, so this was a feel-good look for me. :)  How do you guys feel about black and brown?

8 comments:

Viktoria said...

Beautiful! I wish I could pull off those boots.

I tried those Intyce boots last month and I was so disappointed when I pulled them on. They were way too big! I probably should have traded them in for a smaller size, but I hate dealing with constant shipping/returns.

Tabitha said...

I love that picture of you and that outfit is my kind of weekend outfit.

Shannon said...

I have grown to love brown and black together, especially cognac and black like you said. I think if you had gone with black boots, it would have looked as if you were going to a funeral. The cognac boots really make it work. And I'm really jealous of all the sleep you got!

Sidewalk Chic said...

Super love this outfit. The scarf and the boots really make it. My Target cognac boots are supposedly based off the Madden Intyce ones...But the Intyce ones are obvs better. :)

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

liz said...

I want a pair of boots like that so badly! You look adorable and comfortable and that makes you smart :)

Anonymous said...

I'm rarely brave enough to combine the two colors, but I really like your version.

Love the textures too!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

I just discovered your blog by way of Unveiled and we are practically neighbors. OK, I live in Atlanta, but my daughter goes to UGA.

I love black and brown together. I think that it is a chic, classic combination. You have put together a great look here. I love it!

Summer Frey said...

Classy lassy, as always! I'm a big proponent of putting "no-no" neutrals together.

PS: Blog award for you! (http://andthistimeconcentrate.blogspot.com/2010/01/over-top.html)

Related Posts with Thumbnails