Tuesday, January 19, 2010

quick & dirty

It's a busy week at work for me.  Today was pretty casual but I have IEP meetings (intense Special Ed parent conferences for those not in the SpEd lingo...) over the next two days.  I have a topic in mind to talk about over here tomorrow... kinda heavy.  But since this blog is for fun and pretty things let's just keep it light on this little corner, shall we?  So I'll just do a quick & dirty outfit post from Sunday...

Meet my Mom Uniform!  Weekends, especially days spent inside, call for the uniform.  A no-brains-necessary combo for days spent lounging with the family or casually browsing books chasing a toddler.  I don't feel quite right spending the whole day sans makeup and in sweatpants.  That's why I stick to a uniform so I can always fall back on something if I'm rushed or just need a waistband that doesn't give.  It's pretty simple as most of my outfits are but more predictable. Here are the essentials:


jeans + soft tee + scarf/fun accessory + flats

and if I need to add a layer...


Objective(s) Addressed: Comfort; Mom duty; generally maxin' and relaxin'

Input: The only thing specific to this version of my uniform that I don't love is the bulk the sleeves create under the cardigan.  I love those puff sleeve tees because, even though they could be more flattering, they're comfy and the puff sleeves are just kinda presh.  Other than the bulk, they are a serious workhorse for layering too.  And you can definitely find ways to tuck them or layer them for work wear which is always a bonus.  I think I have it in three colors... maybe the only thing I've done that with.  No doubt because I got two of them for $5 total. 




Do you ladies (mamas or not) have a uniform?  What do you fall back on for the weekend to stay comfy or when you're rushing out the door?

7 comments:

Summer Frey said...

Target had these "boyfriend tees" around fall last year, and they were so cute (simple lines, vee-neck, tiny pocket) and comfortable that I went wild and bought 4 of them in completely different colors.

I generally pair one of these with some jeans, do my quick makeup routine, and bam!

For warmth, I have quite the variety of jackets/sweaters/cardigans/etc...all go nicely with my boyfriend tees!

Summer Frey said...

I'm actually wearing the gray one in my profile picture!

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty awesome mom uniform :). Love the necklace, the scarf, all of it! My typical uniform for classes involves jeans, tanks, cardigans, boots, some sort of jewelry.

And good luck with IEPs! I had very minimal exposure to them last year while doing a once-weekly school placement but I suspect I'll have A LOT more both in my school methods class this semester and my upcoming 8-week school placement. And then, you know, FOR THE REST OF MY WORKING LIFE. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very cute yet comfy too. Love the scarf!

closet365.wordpress.com

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

It's easy to want to wear sweats etc. on weekends with the family. I love your 'uniform.'
Mine is very similar too. I love the scarf idea -- must do too!

Tabitha said...

I love that scarf it really compliments your outfit well and the cardi completes it. Good luck with IEPs.

Unknown said...

代書貸款
貸款條件
租屋

Related Posts with Thumbnails