Friday, January 8, 2010

snow day 2k10, uggh

Anticipatory Set: For those of you who are not Georgia Peaches, we had a teeny bit of snow and sleet and got a snow day. Woop!  I know the weather is funky pretty much everywhere and while, yea, this isn't typical Georgia weather... did we really need the day off?  Okay, okay, it was pretty icy this morning.  And I can't complain because I did nothing but act like a total waste of life until... well, actually I'm still acting like that... in between play and cuddle time with G., of course (P. is just now getting off of work so we've been solo and at my parents most of the day).  Poor G. has a pretty runny/congested nose which was so pitiful last night but I was secretly loving it a little bit because he was the most cuddly he has been in months.  He's so wild and independent most of the time now that cuddle time is rare.  So in keeping with that theme, I kept my outfit pretty cuddly "cozy," too.  Just call it bum chic, if you need to, and humor me.  Essentially, this is the kind of outfit I should probably keep to myself but... it's a style diary and, uhh... sometimes this is just the style that works for me.  Do you blame me?  ;)

Objective(s) Addressed: Snow Day, cuddle time, generally taking up matter.

I started the day thinking I would go out into the world.  You know... maybe grab a latte, browse some books.  So I wanted to at least look like I had a will to live.  Between my overnight bag and the boots in my car, this is what I had:
(I didn't have my trusty photographer to do the job so I did a quick polyvore of what I wore and then a quick mirror pic up top for the real deal.)

(The red sweater is the actual sweater just not the actual color... see next.)

actual color and scarf:


Materials and Sources:
  • Sweater w/ over-sized collar: Caslon via Nordstrom
  • Jeans: Old Navy Sweetheart
  • Black thermal: Old Navy, remix'd
  • Gray ruffle scarf: Charlotte Russe (again, I know)
  • Boots: Target, remix'd again (what can I say, they've been good for the cold and I left my Stevens again... whoops!)
  • Stud earrings: anniversary gift from P. (unpictured)
Input: This is where I tell you that I did not, in fact, go anywhere and opted for an Alternate Activity. 

Alternate Activity: This is where I reveal to you that I am a closet Ugg lover.  I got a pair during my last winter in Auburn (I had some kind of coupon for Dillard's).  I don't wear them outside of the house or incorporate them into any of my daily outfits but boy, oh boy, nothing beats them inside the house during these frigid, tundra temperatures.  If I could do it again, though, I would've gotten the cheapies from Target or Wally World.  They got me just fine through high school uniforms so they would definitely be more than sufficient for recliner wear.  Still, they are toasty.  And I can even tuck my bootcut jeans into them to keep the draft out.  Classy, I say.

Uggs + glasses + magazines and books + G. + recliner = Snow Day Heaven





Final Notes: Sometimes comfort is the ONLY way to style it up. 

Did you have a Snow Day or a bum day inside?  Did you make an effor to get dressed or did you keep it bum chic with me? 

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I had an ice day (couldn't even get out of my hilly neighborhood) and I'm still wearing my coffee-cup-print flannel pants and Red & Black hoodie. Fashionista fail. But I'm comfy and have been drinking on and off since 1:30. I love working from home.

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

Wish we had a snow day! LOL. But we are always due for a big storm sometime in January in Toronto ;-)

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Elaine said...

I'd definitely take a bum day over going outside in the snow! lol!!! I think you look rather cute for being inside! :)


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Viktoria said...

I have a pair of L.L. Bean wool-lined moccasins that I put on as soon as I got home from Border's. If I'm home, its a safe bet that I'm in bum clothes!

kjlangford said...

already revealed that I was in my robe... oh and, aren't the sweetheart jeans like the PERFECT non-pricey jean!!!!

Kim said...

I used to be a closet Ugg lover until I realized I shouldn't be ashamed because the comfort factor makes up for anything else. I found my Sketcher-brand Ugg type boots for a dollar at a thrift store and I do believe it's the best dollar I've ever spent.
You guys got snow in Atlanta and we got NOTHING in Columbia, SC - BOO!

Juicygirl... said...

I love my Uggs & couldnt be without them especially in this weather haha its always good to keep your totes warm & cosy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails