Wednesday, January 20, 2010

roll it up

Anticipatory Set: Welp.  G. just left to to stay at Glamma's until tomorrow.  P.'s asleep.  My work for tomorrow is finished.  I just finished watching American Idol.  And my photos from the past couple of days are uploaded... I s'pose I'll do another quickie before I cash in myself.  Yesterday and today I woke up late and, knowing that the weather would be a preview of Spring, threw on something light and easy (and very unplanned, as you will definitely see).

Objective(s) Addressed: Work; last-minute dressing/missed alarm clocks

Input: On Monday, I had a last minute girlie girl lunch/shopping date with my elementary school BFF.  With an Ann Taylor merchandise credit I headed to LOFT and picked up a couple of fun things that I can wear now with some layering magic but that will be light enough for Spring and, eventually, Summer.  (Speaking of Summer... I saw her!  In the dressing room at LOFT!  So fun.  I miss her and our goofy talks at work in the ol' Borders cafe.) Yesterday and today's 'outfits' (I'm using the term loosely this week) incorporate two of the items I got with the credit.

Yesterday's mash of clothing included a tie tunic (what else do you call that?... can't find it online), navy pants and ruffled metallic flats.  Fin.  Simple. I had to use the tripod yesterday and the neighbors were out so I just did a quick snap and ducked back inside.  Hence my headless, legless physique.  When it comes to guts taking snaps, I am definitely no Orchid Grey.   I love that this top is light on its own but the sleeves can roll down and the detail around the buttons is pretty fun.


tunic by LOFT


blouse detail

 
metallic ruffle flats by me too

Today, I at least had an idea in mind when I got dressed.  A few weeks (months?) ago, I came across this photo:



on camp comfort and had to save it to my inspiration folder.   Lately, I've had a thing for chambray button-ups.  Which is weird because I've never really like chambray and I own maybe two other button-ups in my entire sardine-packed closet.  But doesn't she just look fresh and effortless?  And ever since I've been seeing chambray everywhere.  I love it.  So comfy and laid back.  I also apparently love a good rolled sleeve since I wore the rolled sleeve tunic yesterday and these sleeves roll down to full-length and don't even feel thick when rolled all the way.  Score.




I think I can style this up a little more professionally but also throw it in with my mom uniform rotation.  I like the shoulder detail of the LOFT top a lot.  And since I don't have a lengthy wood bead necklace, I went for a glass bead necklace I bought during my sophomore year at Auburn.  This was also paired with (a different pair of) navy pants but with different flats (no pic, whoops).

Both of these LOFT tops should take me from now (when it gets colder, with layers) through the summer (stripped down with bermuda shorts?  or a short cargo-esque skirt?  daisy dukes?  just checkin'). 

Final Notes: Here's to a good night of sleep and a (more) fun outfit in the morning!

6 comments:

Sidewalk Chic said...

I was just at the Loft yesterday and gawked at all their cute spring stuff...have to snatch some things up when they go on sale. Love your tunic!
And I've been into chambray tops recently too -- you're inspiring me to finally wear my old Dickies shirt.
And also, Glamma is one of the sweetest nicknames for a grandparent I've ever heard. :)

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Theressa Lauw said...

I love your version if the camp top and beaded necklace much more than the original.

The ruffled flats are adorable!

xo, Alexi said...

cute post! actually, i'm glad i came across your blog since i like a lot of your posts! i'm officially your 11th follower, haha

http://steampunkdolls.blogspot.com

Summer Frey said...

I miss you too, and it was so weird us coming out at the same time like that! LOFT always reminds me of you. :-)

Love the outfits, and I agree that you did the camp shirt much better.

Rolled sleeves are really nice right now, when the weather can't decide if it's going to be 40 or 65...

Anonymous said...

I love how chicified you can make a chambrey top. It's perfect!

closet365.wordpress.com

athenista said...

thanks, gals! my (few) readers are the sweetest :) i am inspired by you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails