Tuesday, January 26, 2010

hello, high heels, so nice to meet you

Anticipatory Set: Bad nights of sleep rank right on down there with ingrown toenails and hand dryers in public restrooms.  But today I remixed my beautimous Yumi Kim blouse and my first pair of high heels (or at least the first pair I remember) so life was good. 







 

Objective(s) Addressed: Workin' hard for the pocket change

Materials and Sources:
  • Blouse: Yumi Kim, remix'd
  • Pants: Larry Levine (gift from Mom), remix'd
  • Shoes: VS (via Nordstrom way back in the day)
  • Headband: Target (!)
  • Cutest toddler ever: Hebert Collection, c. Spring 2008, remix'd
Input: Okay... these shoes were the first pair of "high heels" that I owned.  Or they are at least the first pair of high heels that I remember owning.  And I'm pretty convinced that they're the reason I even started getting into clothing and outfit choices in the first place.  Not that they're all that but I do have a special place in my heart for them.  Recently, I almost gave them away but kept them for their sentimental value.  Today, I decided I might still need to give them away... they rubbed the balls of my feet in a blister-like fashion and I just can't have that.  Sentimental value or not.  Good thing my Toms arrived and I'll be (somehow) working them into an outfit tomorrow... more on that in the next couple of days.

My pants were a little saggy by the time I got home and popped G. on my hip so you don't get their full high-waistedness but I still love them even though I get the feeling they must be an older more ladylike brand.  Anyone know?  Sturdy fabric with just a wee bit of stretch.  Still loving my new Yumi Kim blouse.  I've been dying to wear it again since G.'s birthday party but I resisted until this morning.  I wish the photos did it justice. And I am definitely loving the headband... I picked this up back in October at Target after I'd spent a weekend in Charlotte with my best friend lusting after lovely rosette headbands in Anthropologie.  I settled on this for a fraction of the price and it might just be my most complimented headwear.

Final Notes: I was a happy clam in this outfit.  And like I said above... my Toms finally arrived today... how would you work these into a work outfit?  (It can be casualish and I promise there is a reason... bear with me.)


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous headband! And Target? YAY!

Ooh Toms! I love your pair. I'd probably wear them with dark straight-legged or skinny jeans (or black slacks, if needed for work) and a colorful top (blue or yellow---I'm addicted to the combo now!), chunky earrings or a statement necklace. Cardigan/long vest optional. :)

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Larry Levine is a respected women's sportswear line that can be found at stores like Macy's and Lord & Taylor.

The cutest accessory is that adorable young man on your hip. What a cutie!

Tabitha said...

Oh my gosh I wish I still had the first official pair of big girl heels that I bought for everyday wear. I remember it like it were yesterday and to me, at the time, you couldn't go wrong with my pointed black stiletto Steve Madden heels. Ahh to be young again.

Love the Yumi Kim top - she makes fantastic stuff!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

I just looked in my closet and realized that I have a pair of Larry Levine pants that I know I definitely bought at TJ Maxx or Marhall's. So don't give up on finding them there!

liz said...

Cute Toms, I've yet to be daring enough to get a pair, but as a student, I think they'd be a great casual addition to my wardrobe. I would wear them with loose jeans, a long layering tank with a contrasting cardigan/hoodie and a pendant necklace, and a big book bag :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) I like the details on those heels. I've been thinking of getting some Toms (it's a great cause!) in the Spring when Chicago thaws. That color combo is fantastic!

Sidewalk Chic said...

Love your top and those heels. The red and brown color combo looks so great on you!
G. is looking adorable -- you are a lucky momma!

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

liz said...

P.S. There is an award for you on my blog! lizzypunch.blogspot.com

M. said...

love your shoes! and the Toms design is great

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Raquelita said...

I just came across your blog via Caffeinerd, and I will definitely be back! I love those shoes!

athenista said...

Thanks, ladies! You all are the best. I definitely took some of your advice (with what I had, anyway) for the Toms. I'll post tomorrow :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails