I've never been a quick and to-the-point decision maker. But with my blog dilemma (My husband would probably say I'm being dramatic by calling it a dilemma... I just like to think that I'm carefully weighing my options ;) it has been easy to figure out what I want to do with them... merge the two. But the how/why-at-this-point? has me all in a wad. SO... some thoughts/options/reasoning/inquiry... will you indulge me?
First, some reasoning:
1) I love this blog and it's been a fun, creative-ish outlet for me. Moreso than my old blog was as I had started it as a personal/family life blog which then morphed into an all-things-Amanda blog and has now been slightly on the backburner while I post more regularly here. (Which is why I keep thinking... why am I keeping them separate?)
2) The reason I started this blog and named it Athenista was to chronicle style (home, fashion or otherwise) and street style (more fashion) in Athens. I think Athens has a certain "feel" that is unique to the place and I wanted to document that. But... as I've said before, I just don't have the time right now for that kind of upkeep. That said... it is not what I originally sought it to be and as we might be moving sooner rather than later, I don't want to get too invested in the name. Silly but it would bother me to no end and I would change it anyway.
3) Many of the bloggers I follow and that I regularly "commune" with in the blogging world are people that I am interested in and that follow me personally as well so what a pain in the butt to have them trekking to two places? Why not just invite them all in one place? Is that annoying of me to keep up two and having my readers follow two separate blogs??
Now... some options:
1) Keep them separate and as is.
2) Merge them both to chailoveyou and import posts from Athenista. (Delete Athenista?)
3) Merge them and hold on to Athenista in the case of street style becoming an option for me over the summer...
Would it be too annoying to ask you all to link/follow/subscribe over there now that you're semi-invested over here? Am I just making this way more difficult than it should be and wasting my breath? Haa... input??